Main Tasks of IQAC of DCEU in Open Distance Learning (ODL)
According to the UGC Manual for Quality Assurance of External Degree and Extension Courses ( QA-EDP Manual) and complying to the internal quality assurance policies implemented by Center for Quality Assurance of the University of Ruhuna, Distance and Continuing Education unit of the University has established an Internal Quality Assurance cell (IQAC) to the DCEU to be involved in the following tasks;
- Improve quality and standards in programmes, services, operations, student learning, and institutional performance.
- Maintain and introduce good practice
- Maintain trust and confidentiality in the examination procedures.
- Ensure that necessary skills are acquired in the programmes, encourage for lifelong learning, and self-directed management.
- Foster customer satisfaction with all programmes.
- Gain publish confidence
- Ensure that learners receive the programme and services as promised in the programme information and at the registration.
- Ensure that defined standards will be reliably achieved
- Awards have credibility, and credential that are recognized by accreditation bodies, employers and other institutions
- Be accountable for funds used